Hello everyone, it’s been a while! Yesterday, I pre-released Video.js 6.4.0. It’s a pretty big release with 27 merged Pull Requests from 13 authors and 7 of them were contributors!
I’d like to thank everyone who contributed but particularly those seven. Six of them made their first PRs with Video.js: @estim, @seggev319, @nicolaslevy, @MarcAMo, @knilob, @odisei369. And @kocoten1992 returned with some great PRs to refactor things.
In this release, we fixed a bunch of bugs, refactored some things, updated some tests. We also added some new features.
- Hebrew translations are now available. Russian and Polish translations were updated as well.
- The Progress Control can now be disabled. This is useful for when you don’t want users to be able to interact with it but still want to show play progress.
- The Progress Control will also be fully filled out when the video ends so that we aren’t slightly short or long due to weirdnesses in duration and currentTime.
- It’s now possible to add a
hookthat gets automatically removed once called with
hookOnce. This mirrors our
- If controls are disabled before the modal dialog is opened, the controls stay closed when the dialog is closed.
player.src()will now return an empty string when no source is set to match
player.currentSrc()and the native video element.
- Video.js will now warn when the element it is given isn’t in the DOM. This was done as part of a “first-timers-only” issue which we hope to do more off in the future.
We’ve updated the README of the project to be explicit about our usage of Google Analytics on the
vjs.zencdn.net hosted version of Video.js. It is a stripped down version of the Google Analytics pixel and sends data on 1% of those loads.
It can be opted out of by adding the following to the page before the
zencdn-hosted version of Video.js is loaded
<script>window.HELP_IMPROVE_VIDEOJS = false;</script>
Our GitHub releases and npm releases do not include Google Analytics. Neither do 3rd-party CDNs like unpkg or CDNjs.
- Gary Katsevman @gkatsev
- Pat O’Neill @misteroneill
- Brandon Casey @BrandonOCasey
- @estim First PR
- @seggev319 First PR
- Chuong @kocoten1992
- Nicolas Levy @nicolaslevy First PR
- Marc A. Modrow @MarcAMo First two PRs
- Matt McClure @mmcc
- Bo Link @knilob First PR
- Joe Forbes @forbesjo
- Ilya Piatrenka @odisei369 First PR
- lang: add Hebrew translation (#4675) (32caf35)
- lang: Update for Russian translation (#4663) (45e21fd)
- Add videojs.hookOnce method to allow single-run hooks. (#4672) (85fe685)
- add warning if the element given to Video.js is not in the DOM (#4698) (6f713ca)
- allow progress controls to be disabled (#4649) (a3c254e)
- set the play progress seek bar to 100% on ended (#4648) (5e9655f)
- css: update user-select none (#4678) (43ddc72)
- aria-labelledby attribute has an extra space (#4708) (855adf3), closes #4688
- Don’t enable player controls if they where disabled when ModalDialog closes. (#4690) (afea980)
- don’t throttle duration change updates (#4635) (9cf9800)
- Events#off threw if Object.prototype had extra enumerable properties, don’t remove all events if off receives a falsey value (#4669) (7963913)
- make parseUrl helper always have a protocl (#4673) (bebca9c), closes #3100
- Make sure we remove vjs-ended from the play toggle in all appropriate cases. (#4661) (0287f6e)
- player.src() should return empty string if no source is set (#4711) (9acbcd8)
- gh-release: no console log on success (#4657) (e8511a5)
- lang: Update Polish (#4686) (ee2a49c)
- package: update babelify to version 8.0.0 (#4684) (db2f14c)
- add comment about avoiding helvetica font (#4679) (cb638d0)
- add GA note to primary readme (#4481) (e2af322)
- Add package-lock.json file. (#4641) (ec5b603)
- component.ready() (#4693) (b40858b)
- player.dimension() (#4704) (ad1b47b)
- player.hasStarted() (#4680) (cde8335)
- player.techGet_() (#4687) (a1748aa)